Get a Greek residence permit
Live in Greece and travel freely in Europe with Greek golden visa
The Golden Visa program provided by the Greek state is one of the most affordable in Europe, but also among the most sought after in the world, providing legal stay in a European country and free movement in all EU countries, to third-country nationals. But it is also a "golden" opportunity to combine these benefits with a profitable investment in the Greek real estate market, which in recent years offers unique investment opportunities.
Investments in real estate that leads to residence permit
Buying a property in Greece gives you more than one choice to exploit your investment. The Immigration and Social Integration Code (Law 4251/2014, Government Gazette 1, no 80) allows the granting of residence permits to third country nationals and to members of their families, who purchase real estate property in Greece, the value of which exceeds € 250,000. The amount of 250.000 euro refers merely to the property itself. In case you build or restore, the amount of 250.000 euro refers to both the purchase of the land plot and the construction. Furthermore, you can invest the same amount in touristic accommodations and have the right for residence permit. The purchases of properties or the leasing of the touristic accommodations must be done through notarial deeds, as per the Greek law, which are to be registered in land registries/cadastral offices. The minimum value of the property, as well as the contractual consideration of the touristic accomodation, is determined at two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) euro and must have been paid in full through bank accounts, upon the submission of the residence permit application.
Greek resident permit process details
Resident permit process details
- PoA either in Greece or abroad with apostil or double certification
- Issuance of Greek Tax Identification number
- Draft of purchase agreement / payment must be done either from the buyer’s account abroad OR from his/her greek account. Depends on when the buyer comes before or after the purchase agreement.
- Land registration
- PoA in Greece (only) for each applicant
- Appointment at Immigration Authorities
- Fingerprints and Blue Card
- Residence permit
- In most of the Greek banks they need physical presence.
Cost of property purchase agreement
Transfer Tax* 3,09% of the higher value (objective or commercial) of the property Notary fee 1% plus VAT of the higher value (objective or commercial) of the property Lawyer fee 1% plus VAT of the higher value (objective or commercial) of the property Land Registry 0,8% of the higher value (objective or commercial) of the property Total Expenses of 6% -6.5% of the higher value
Cost of residence permit
|State fee (as of today)||Legal fee||Private insurance, depending on the age of each applicant:|
|Main investor||2020||1500||Age||Annual cost|
|3 months – 19 y.o.||110 €|
|20 – 40 y.o.||130 €|
|41 – 60 y.o.||150 €|
|61 – 70 y.o.||165 €|
|71 – 75 y.o||upon request|
Details of opening bank account / Documents
- Tax clearance for the last 2 years
- Employment certification stating the salary, the position and the address of the company / If there is self-employment situation od holding of a business then the proof of this business/commercial registration etc and any tax certification stating the income
- Proof of residence permit
- Utilty bills stating the residence
- Phone bill in the country of residence
- Greek phone number